Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thing # 12

I tried to set up a MySpace account but I had some trouble setting up my password so I went to FaceBook. FaceBook was very easy to use. I explored the different options for my personal profile and searched for fellow NMHS graduates from 1979. I am usually in charge of the class reunions and I am so excited about using the web 2.o tools to help me locate classmates, and disseminate and gather information.  

I like the professional format of the Ning site. I looked at several networks that focused on education and was very impressed with the posts. Joining some of these networks could be a great way to continue my web 2.0 learning while brainstorming ways that this technology can be used in the classroom.  Creating a network for a particular assignment is a great way for a teacher to have students submit assignments. Students could actively participate in peer editing and teaching with this type of format. Students could learn valuable web 2.0 skills while learning about traditional topics. They could add links to applicable web sites or download images to enhance the assignment. All the while they would be learning more about the assigned topic and developing 21st century literary skills. 

I have enjoyed reading the posts on the Mesquite Librarian network. It is going to be great way to share information. I like the idea that we are able to see all the responses to a post. This might be a good place to ask some of the questions that are sent through email. Many times a question is asked, I don't know the answer but I could really benefit from the response of the other librarians. Through email, the responses to the questions can only be viewed by the recipient. Posting the questions on a network would allow us to build on each others' ideas. If the posts could be saved and archived, we could search previous posts when necessary. 

No comments: