Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing # 21

I enjoyed listening to the Falcon Podcast Network on the Education Podcast network. It was evident that at Louisa-Muscatine Elementary podacsting was a school wide activity. From recording of winter concerts to kindergarten read-alouds, there is a wide variety of student created material. What a wonderful way to validate the students’ participation in academic activities.



I also looked at the podcasts for learning Spanish. I don't think this is for me. The podcasts that I listened to gave information that could be accessed through a web page.I personnaly prefer reading to listening when possible.

I wanted to subscribe to the Discovery Channel podcasts. I updated my iTunes software and subscribed to the Discovery Channel and Science Channel podcasts. I used the search feature with the Google Reader and locate the SLJ feed for their podcasts. There are several podcasts about scary stories and poems. This should be a hit with the students and a good way to review books.

1 comment:

mmw said...

You're almost there abclibrarian! You can do it!!