Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thing # 19

I experienced one of the downfalls of web based applications with Thing # 19: a very slow connection. I tried to create a map on MindMeister but it was impossible with a slow connection. It looks like it is a great tool. It reminds me of Inspiration. From watching the tutorial video, I get the impression that creating a mind map on MindMeister is be quicker and a little bit easier than Inspiration if the Internet connection is working properly. I will visit MindMeister again at a later date when I am not pressed for time. I frequently use Inspiration so I am sure that I could benefit from MindMeister. I recently created a 3rd grade lesson on genres. I used Inspiration and collaborated with the teachers whenever we just happened to see each other and had enough time to talk for a few moments. If I had created the the mind map online, the teachers could have contributed their ideas also. It would have been much easier to share ideas this way.

I created an account with Gliffy and explored their flow chart tool. This looks like a good tool for creating presentations as well as a great collaboration tool. Students and teachers could use it for sequencing events in literature, science, social studies and even math.

1 comment:

happylibrarian said...

I had the same problem! I was never able to connect to bubbl.us or Flowchart.com. I agree about MindMeister...I found it very user-friendly. Even more so than gliffy!