Friday, January 18, 2008

Thing # 9

I did not like the lay-out of the web page for Syndic8.com at first but I was able to find a feed that I was interested in, Inside the School Library. I just copied the URL and added it my Google reader list. I liked using the Google search tool. I think that it was the easiest to use because it is so much like searching the web using Google but Syndic8.com seemed to give better search results.

I found that searching for blogs could be very time consuming. Most of the blogs that I looked at were not useful to me. Blogs are a great way to share information between personal contacts such as a group of librarians or between teachers and students. I personally don’t like searching the web for blogs. There are too many. No matter how much I narrowed my search, I still got too many blogs that were about someone’s personal life.

No comments: