Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing # 22

Animoto is fun! The website was very user friendly and the results were amazing. It's rare that you can put so little effort into something and get such great results. The first time I tried to post the video to my blog, Blogger wouldn't accept the html. I got an error message. I remixed the video and tried it again and it worked beautifully. Animoto can be used in presentations or as a class project. Earlier in the year, the 5th graders went on a picture-taking scavenger hunt. Sorting the pictures into categories and making videos would have been a great way to process the information. The students would have been so excited to create one of these videos. One of the assets of Animoto is the speed at which you can produce a short video. I think that teachers would be more likely to use this web 2.0 tool over some of the others just because of its simplicity and great results.

No comments: