Friday, January 18, 2008

Thing #8

Setting up the RSS feeds through Google Reader was very easy. I selected several different feeds that pertained to book reviews. Several feeds are strictly for children’s literature and I have found them to be very helpful. I enjoy reading the reviews and seeing the posted book covers. This is an easy way to keep up with the latest best sellers and most popular children’s books. I think that this will be very helpful when ordering books. I also subscribed to a feed that is for Christian children’s literature. I am going to try to update the children’s collection at my church library and this feed is going to be very helpful.

RSS feeds are a great way to keep up with current trends that pertain to the library whether it is technology, educational issues or book reviews. Selecting appropriate feeds from reliable sources is a quick way to add valuable information to your busy day. It is nice to have the information filtered for relevant information before is every reaches your computer. It saves so much time.

1 comment:

Farm Boy said...

I like that you gave ways of using the RSS in ways that I did not think about using RSS feeds. I agree that it is an easy way to keep up with filtered information.